Studio Creations typical wait times?

The last thing I purchased from them until recently was my bucket about 10 years ago. About two weeks ago I ordered a new belt,hump,TD and various greeblies. I know on his site he quotes about 30 days for individual parts. I was just wondering with peoples recent experience is that quote pretty accurate? Does he get stuff out early some times?

SC is probably the fastest in the business. You won't be waiting long!

• Like 2

He quotes me 4 weeks for a full kit 3 weeks ago and I got the tracking number last night.

• Like 1

Was @ 3 weeks for me

• Like 2

Sometimes I can get things out quicker, but the 30 day default is set in place to manage buyers expectations and make them budget their time for worst case scenarios (a snowstorm locked down Atlanta for 5 days once). Currently your parts are in the production queue. I might be able to get them done this weekend, or end of next week, depends how productive I can be.

Do you need these parts for an upcoming event? If so, let me know ASAP so I can push other things around and get you the parts intime for your event.

-Jeff

• Like 6

Took under two months for mine. But he was in the process of making more kits when I placed my order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Bubonos, you must have been caught in that 'Plastic Fiasco' in February. Ughhh. that threw the production off by 6 weeks. Not a good thing to happen so close to Celebration. <_<

FYI -I recommend never order a custom costume from Studio Creations. I am very very slow at doing custom work. One client had to wait 9 months to get his Dengar costume. It's not something I do regularly so I do not have an efficient process in place. :P

• Like 1

Sometimes I can get things out quicker, but the 30 day default is set in place to manage buyers expectations and make them budget their time for worst case scenarios (a snowstorm locked down Atlanta for 5 days once). Currently your parts are in the production queue. I might be able to get them done this weekend, or end of next week, depends how productive I can be.

Do you need these parts for an upcoming event? If so, let me know ASAP so I can push other things around and get you the parts intime for your event.

-Jeff

Wow to be honest I wasn't expecting this response LOL. I am not in any real rush. My next event is not until June for SW weekends and LEGOLAND. I am just excited to get my hands on the pieces. My first full set was SC but it was second hand( about ten years ago), and the person who originally had it I think just threw it together. It was a very sloppy job. I was able to make it work back then and I got my 501st approval. I just figured it was time to upgrade. So to be honest I am just excited to get the pieces so I can finish up. (They are a early birth day present to my self LOL)

Public Shout Out to Studio Creations.. My replacement armor pieces are in the mail. Even though I sent several emails (almost confused my self). he got everything I asked for...Cant wait to get it. 5 ways of awesome!!!

I just had a thought though. What are the chances of all plastic having the same color compared to my armor that's 10 years old.

The chances for color match are nil.

Every batch of white ABS plastic is hand colored from the raw material which is tan in color. That means every single run is different from each other because of the human factor.

Also, your 10 year old plastic will have absorbed UV rays and pollution from the air, tinting it over time. If you are lucky the new parts will not have to be sitting next to the old ones and no one will tell the difference. Shoulders and biceps next to chest are the worst culprits in this situation. :(

Let's hope I packed the box correct. Last week was a madhouse here in prep for Celebration, so mistakes could have been made. I already have an extra RFT parts sitting on my work bench, and not sure why. :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the belt and TD shouldn't be a problem since they are both coming from the same batch and are both a good distance from any other plastic. The one good thing is I didn't troop as much as I could have, so my armor stayed in storage a majority of the time. BUT the hump and back plate might be an issue then LOL. They actually are waiting for me on my door step as I type this. So I will tear into it when I get home... If push comes to shove. I can just weather it.

Forgot to post an update. I got everything in the mail. All was perfect. There is a slight difference in the white, but it's not to bad considering they are about 10 years apart. I think after I wear it a few times outside in the sun everything should begin to match a little better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...